Eid Mubarak to the Muslim Community!
According to Saudi Arabia Tomorrow Sunday Aug 12,2018 is the first day of Zul-Hijjah,
Arafa day will be Monday Aug 20, 2018 and Eid day will be Aug 21, 2018 Tuesday
Things to do for planning those blessed 10 days and of course are not obligatory:
1. Fasting all 9 days.
2. If you can not, fast one day on and one day off, if you start Monday you will
include Arafa day, if you start fasting tomorrow make sure you fast Arafa day( if
you can not )
3. Fast Monday and Thursday those are three days ( if you can not )
4. Fast Arafa day at least ( two years of sins will be deminished )
Fasting is one of the best good deeds
5. Pray Tahjood ( prayers during the night ) it is easy now a days you can wake up
15-20 minutes before Fajr and pray two Rakaa before going to Fajr and make Lots of
Duaa ( include your family )
6. Read Quran, try to finish the whole Quran it is good عمل صالح ) good deed
7. Visit a Sick Brother or sister
8. Be kind and appreciative to your parents and kinship صلة الأرحام, and if they
passed be kind to their friends
9. Be good to your neighbors and you can give them from your Qurbani even if they
are non Muslim
10. Remembering Almighty Allah and salutations to our prophet Muhammad ﷺ, all the
times and specifically after prayers Raising your voice that includes: لا إله إلا
الله ، الله أكبر ، الحمد لله and after prayers on the Fajr of Arafa day till ASR
in the third day of Eid ( Tashreeq ) you say الله أكبر الله أكبر الله أكبر لا إله
إلا الله والله أكبر الله أكبر ولله الحمد
11. Be excessively generous with your close family (wife and children).
12. Give, give and give Sadaqa and try to bring joy to Muslims by any means
13. Check on family of Hujjaj if you can
14. Giving Qurbani is the best if you are not hajji and do not forget not to cut
your hair and nails if you do so.
15. Pray Eid prayer and listen to the khutbah and follow it’s Sunnan
All of the above is أعمال صالحة good deeds and are not obligatory, it is recommended
and I did not included evidence on each of them for the sake of time.
May Allah accept and forgive me, you, my parents, my teachers and all our Ummah Ameen!
The 1st one in English at 8:30 am
2nd prayer in Arabic at 9:30 am
Please follow parking rules
Smiling at our neighbors is saddaqa
Check after your neighbors and share Eid sweets make you great American
Mission & Objectives
To establish and maintain an Islamic Center in this community to serve as a place
for Islamic prayers and cultural and religious activities. ? To provide Muslims with
religious guidance based on the teachings of Islam. ? To serve as a youth educational
center on Islam, its teachings, history, and culture among Muslims as well as non-Muslims.
? To organize courses of study in Quran, Sunnah and the Islamic history, designed
to meet the needs of Muslims and non-Muslims, both adults and children. ? To promote
goodwill, understanding, fellowship and tolerance among Muslims. ? To strengthen
the fraternal bonds among Muslims in the Union County and its surrounding areas.
? To promote friendly relations between Muslims and non-Muslims in the community.
This is The Islamic Center of Union County
For a number of years, we have been searching for a location in Union County, NJ.
To establish a permanent place for our Masjid and Islamic Center to offer religious,
educational and community services. With the grace of Allah, we have found the new
establishment, located at 2372 Morris Ave Union, NJ 07083. *Building includes: Large
Sanctuary (capacity:600), about 12 class rooms, office, full kitchen. *0.68 Acres
*40-50 Car parking *Mixed use zoning- No need for zoning or variance if the place
will stay for religious purpose *Near Route- 78, 22 and the Garden State Parkway
*This place will serve the entire Union and surrounding counties
The Past and Present
The center is a non-profit organization under section 501 (c) (3) of Internal Revenue
Code. For the past 24 years, we have been renting small store on 656 Sanfard Ave,
Newark NJ 07106. Alhumdillillah, we have been serving the needs of Muslims for all